SAVE THE DATE for the next fvsn forum on Water
Thursday, April 5, 2018
1 PM - 3PM
Hickory Knolls Discovery Center
3795 Campton Hills Drive, St Charles, IL 60175
Join us to discuss and hear from speakers on water conservation, water quality protection, storm and flood resiliency and more.
Speakers will include:
- Danielle Gallet, Manager, Metropolitan Planning Council
- Cindy Skrukrud, Clean Water Program Director, Illinois Chapter Sierra Club
- Marcella Bondie Keenan, Program Director RainReady Home, Center for Neighborhood Technology
- Dawn Thompson, Program Director, RainReady Community, Center for Neighborhood Technology
On the agenda:
- Community institution and residential strategies, programs and resources for flood mitigation and storm water runoff reduction
- Municipal resiliency planning and programs
- Update on habitat and connectivity study of Fox River dams and progress report on nutrient pollution reduction
- An overview on a new, free resource for elected officials and community leaders on best practices for ensuring safe and sustainable drinking water systems for our region now and into the future: Drinking Water 1-2-3. Plus, a highlight on drinking water issues facing communities within the Great Lakes region.
This event is free and open to everyone. However, capacity is limited. Please RSVP to Chloe Zuberbuhler at email@example.com or (312) 706-2532 to secure your seat.
To stay up-to-date with the network, follow us on Facebook.
The Bicycle tourism Network: 2017 Survey
In order to improve and promote the Fox River Trail as a cycling and tourist destination, the Bicycle Tourism Network of Fox Valley (BTN) created an online survey for your completion. This version of the nationally recognized Trail Towns survey asks about your community’s highlights and bicycle friendliness. Please submit responses in order to help us improve the bike-ability of the Fox River Valley.
Photo: Ryan Afflerbaugh, licensed under CC BY 4.0