Thank you to all who attended the FVSN Water Forum!
Thank you to everyone who attended the Fox Valley Sustainability Network's Water Forum at Hickory Knolls Discovery Center in St. Charles, IL. We heard from many speakers advocating for water policies, planning and programs including Gary Cuneen, Danielle Gallet, Cindy Skrukrud, Marcella Bondie Keenan, Dawn Thompson and Holly Hudson.
View the full presentations from the forum linked below.
Community institution and residential strategies, programs and resources for flood mitigation and storm water runoff reduction; municipal resiliency planning and programs
– Dawn Walker-Thompson, Program Director, RainReady Community, Center for Neighborhood Technology
– Marcella Bondie Keenan, Program Director, RainReady Home, Center for Neighborhood Technology
Update on habitat and connectivity study of Fox River dams and progress report on nutrient pollution reduction
– Cindy Skrukrud, Clean Water Program Director, Illinois Chapter Sierra Club
An overview on a new, free resource for elected officials and community leaders on best practices for ensuring safe and sustainable drinking water systems for our region now and into the future: Drinking Water 1-2-3
– Danielle Gallet, Manager, Metropolitan Planning Council
Water resource planning in northeastern Illinois
– Holly Hudson, Senior Aquatic Biologist, Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP)
To stay up-to-date with the network, follow us on Facebook.
The Bicycle tourism Network: 2017 Survey
In order to improve and promote the Fox River Trail as a cycling and tourist destination, the Bicycle Tourism Network of Fox Valley (BTN) created an online survey for your completion. This version of the nationally recognized Trail Towns survey asks about your community’s highlights and bicycle friendliness. Please submit responses in order to help us improve the bike-ability of the Fox River Valley.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Photo: Ryan Afflerbaugh, licensed under CC BY 4.0