Join the Fox Valley Sustainability Network and be part of creating a healthy, sustainable Fox Valley.
The Fox Valley Sustainability Network brings together the public and private sectors from around the Fox Valley to cut across boundaries and create a healthy, sustainable and vibrant Fox Valley.
The next Fox Valley Sustainability Network Forum is coming up on December 7, 2016. More details are coming soon. Follow the Fox Valley Sustainability Network on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
At our Economic Development Forum on Friday, October 7, we generated inspiration and created practical, actionable items that can help create a healthy, sustainable Fox River Valley. To view presentations from that event, visit the Resources page.
The agenda included:
1. Pep Talk: How to be Green and Make Green
Colleen Heitzler, President, Aquascape, Inc.
2. Sustainable Economic Development: Success Stories to Lead the Fox Valley Region
Cecilia Govrik, Resource Management Coordinator, Kane County
Chris Toth, Land Use Planner, Kane County
Mark Vankerkhoff, Director, Kane County Development and Community Services
3. The Fox River Corridor Plan: Increasing Access to the Fox River, Improving Water Quality and Enhancing Downtowns
Brian Daly, Planner, CMAP
President Ed Ritter, Village President, Village of Carpentersville
Ben Mason, Senior Planner, Village of Algonquin
Katie Parkhurst, Senior Planner, Village of Algonquin
4. And as we do at every Fox Valley Sustainability Network Forum, join in on lively topic area discussions of specific project implementation related to Water, Food, Waste, Energy, Economic Development, Transportation and Green Infrastructure. More details coming soon.
Plan ahead for additional FVSN events in 2016 and 2017:
- Wednesday, December 7, 2016 - FVSN Forum (Transportation)
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017 - FVSN Forum (Food and Waste)
- Thursday, April 6, 2017 - Fox Valley GreenTown and Mayor's Breakfast
- Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - FVSN Forum (Energy)
- Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - FVSN Forum (Water)
Photo: Ryan Afflerbaugh, licensed under CC BY 4.0