Fvsn Green infrastructure and Water Forum - August 29, 2017
Join us for the next Fox Valley Sustainability Network Forum featuring discussion of Green Infrastructure and Water. The Forum is Tuesday, August 29, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM at the Hickory Knolls Discovery Center in St. Charles, IL. The Forum features speakers on topics such as the Chicago Region Trees Initiative and an update on the campaign for green infrastructure and sustainability in the Fox Valley. The full meeting agenda is as follows:
- Wisconsin-Illinois Fox River Water Trail Initiative update - Karen Miller, Executive Planner, Kane County Development Dept.
- A Campaign for Green Infrastructure & Sustainability in the Fox Valley update - Jeff Mengler, President, Fox River Ecosystem Partnership
- Fox Valley Monarch Corridor & Pollinator Meadow Mix - Dan Lobbes, Director of Land Protection, Kane County Program Director, The Conservation Foundation
- Conservation in Our Community - Trish Beckjord, Program Manager, Fox River Initiative, The Conservation Foundation
- Chicago Region Trees Initiative - Lydia Scott, Director, Chicago Region Trees Initiative, The Morton Arboretum
- Chicago Community Trees Program - Emily Okallau, Community Trees Project Coordinator, The Morton Arboretum
- Stewardship & Management Plans - Beth Corrigan, Community Trees Program Specialist, The Morton Arboretum
Pam Otto, Manager of Nature Programs & Interpretive Services at Hickory Knolls Discovery Center will be finishing the forum with a discussion on the new green building as well as a tour of the aquaponics display.
Hickory Knolls Discovery Center is sponsoring the Forum. Please click the button below for directions to the Hickory Knolls Discovery Center.
The Bicycle tourism Network: 2017 Survey
In order to improve and promote the Fox River Trail as a cycling and tourist destination, the Bicycle Tourism Network of Fox Valley (BTN) created an online survey for your completion. This version of the nationally recognized Trail Towns survey asks about your community’s highlights and bicycle friendliness. Please submit responses by Monday, July 24 in order to help us improve the bikeability of the Fox River Valley.
Thank you to everyone that attended GreenTown Fox Valley at Two Brothers Roundhouse in downtown Aurora on Thursday, April 27, 2017!
To view presentations from the event, click here.
To view the full event agenda, click here.
A special thank you to our sponsors:
Community Lead Sponsors:
City of Aurora
Grand Victoria Riverboat Fund
Ozinga Bros. Inc.
Applied Ecological Services
Alderman William M. Donnell, 4th Ward, City of Aurora
Nissan North America
Sponsors of the Mayors Breakfast:
Hey and Associates
Chiro One Wellness Centers
Mayors Breakfast Partner:
Host of Mayors Breakfast GreenTown Fox Valley:
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora/Naperville
Host of GreenTown Fox Valley:
Two Brothers Roundhouse
Photo: Ryan Afflerbaugh, licensed under CC BY 4.0